Thank you for checking on our updated COVID-19 guidelines. We are still being careful, but most of the choices up to the individual. First Baptist Church is not mandating masks in the hallways or sanctuary. However, if you are more comfortable wearing a mask, you are free to do so.
We are asking our Sunday School teachers to be cautious and open with their communication about their classroom expectations of seating, distancing and masks.
The Staff and Leadership respectfully ask that individuals not push political or COVID views on each other during this tense time. First Baptist Church is made up of people from different walks of life and backgrounds and all are part of the Church. The Church is bound to Christ alone, not a political party or the choice to receive a vaccination shot. Let's pursue Christ alone by grace through faith and be happy to be together again!
As such, we are meeting in person and invite you to come and sit at the Lord's Table. For those that need to connect with us through the online venue, we are continuing to stream online services via Facebook Live and our Vimeo channel. We realize that everyone is not comfortable coming to church in person at this point, but we want you to know that you are missed! Do not give up on meeting together as some are in the habit of doing. We need each other. So, however you choose to come to church, online or in person, choose to go!
First Baptist Church has been very fortunate to have few COVID-19 cases among our church membership and regular attenders. If you have suspected symptoms or fever, we strongly recommend using common sense and staying home. Please use discretion if your immune system is compromised or you are uncomfortable with our safety measures.
When you do come to church we will require at least the following:
- Caution for members aged 65 and olde or for attenders with compromised immune systems.
- Options for worship online are available via Facebook Live or http://vimeo.com/franklinfirstbaptist.
- Sanitization stations are still at most hallway intersections and classrooms. Please use as often as you need to.
- Be cautious hugging and shaking hands. Some people are still not comfortable with this level of contact.
- 6 foot distancing between families is still encouraged when in groups.
- FYI, Our water fountains are open again and in use.
- FYI, Most of our restroom facilities are open again.