At First Baptist Church, we are nearly back to normal. Our calendar is filling up and people are getting more comfortable being together. Our updated COVID-19 guidelines are these: We are still being careful, and choices of caution, masking, sanitizer are left up to the individual or family. First Baptist Church is not mandating masks in the hallways or sanctuary. However, if you are more comfortable wearing a mask, you are free to do so.
Our Sunday School teachers are aware that some people need to be protected and our teachers are open with their communication about their classroom expectations of seating, distancing and masks.
The Staff and Leadership respectfully ask that individuals not push political or COVID views on each other during this tense time. First Baptist Church is made up of people from different walks of life and backgrounds and all are part of the Church. The Church is bound to Christ alone as our King. Let's pursue Christ alone by grace through faith and be happy to be together again!
As such, we are meeting in person and invite you to come and join us. For those that need to connect with us through the online venue, we are continuing to stream online services via Facebook Live and our Vimeo channel. Please use discretion if your immune system is compromised or you are uncomfortable with our safety measures.
When you do come to church please be aware of the following:
- Caution for members aged 65 and older or for attenders with compromised immune systems.
- Sanitization bottles are still at most hallway intersections and classrooms. Please use as often as you need to.
- Many are shaking hands again, but there are still many fist and elbow bumps.
- Our water fountains are open again and in use.
- All restroom facilities are open again.
- Options for worship online are available via Facebook Live or http://vimeo.com/franklinfirstbaptist.